CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

x-generation
EST. 2009 | X-MEN AU SET IN 2023 | NO WORD COUNT | JCINK PREMIUM

UPDATE #07 - Check out what's new!

Have a look around and do not hesitate to ask questions!

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

So What's Your Side?, Tag: Joey
Scott Edwards
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 10:47 AM

Neutral

TwentyStudent/Research Assistant/Office Aide
HaloOriginal
RockclimbingVex Demon King
applicationtracker

Scott Edwards

Now that Scott heard the word clearly spoken to him he was confident that he had indeed but he couldn’t for the life of him place it, he figured it could just be some obscure reference in a biology textbook or even a random word he had heard from a TV show but still it wasn’t new to him. Scott hadn’t heard of different types of mutants because it tended to be human or mutant, sure if you wanted to get technical every x-gene was fairly unique to explain the varying abilities that could occur and the Guthrie’s were a perfect example as those of the Kentuckian family who had manifested didn’t possess similar abilities which one would expect from the same inherited gene. Scott supposed you could have subsets of mutants if you used their abilities as a classification marker but that didn’t really seem like what Joey was talking about.

Scott copied Joey and pulled up his legs so that he could drape them over a few empty seats but it only took a few moments to go by for him to realise it made him feel uncomfortable, even though there was no one else in the carriage he still felt like he was taking a seat from someone else. Scott sighed slightly as he removed his legs and put them back on the ground, the guilt he had felt abated at the same time as the movement. ”What exactly is a Cheyarafim?” Scott asked before realising he had just asked that before and decided to rephrase himself quickly ”Like I get that they are a kind of mutant, and that they are rare but what makes them so rare? I mean, you’re an empath which granted is a uncommon ability but it’s not the rarest in the world” Things weren’t adding up in Scott’s head, not that this meant Joey was lying but still it didn’t seem like Joey was being 100% honest either.

”Wait, He wants to ‘collect’ you?” Scott asked almost incredulous, annoyance bubbling up inside of him at the thought of that man taking Joey and placing him on some display cabinet. ”Sounds to be these ‘creepahs’ are asking for trouble” Scott said, in a mostly serious voice. While he wasn’t the type of person to go looking for trouble he would have no trouble defending Joey if it came to that.

Joey’s next comment was soft enough that Scott was sure that Joey didn’t think he had heard and Scott would continue to play the fool even if his cheeks were burning with a fairly fierce crimson at the comment. It annoyed him how easily Joey could get him to blush without even trying and he hoped that Joey never actually tried to make him blush because he didn’t think he would be able to live that down. Scott was starting to think that that was Joey’s favourite sentence because it sure did seem to crop up in his speech, it was fairly explicit and Scott wondered if he used it so much to see what kind of reaction he would get from Scott.

Scott had meant that he would take a truth from Joey first he supposed this way could work too, ”Okay, what do I want to know?” Scott asked himself more than Joey. ”What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done?” He asked with a smirk because knowing Joey it should be good.

--Joseph Danvers
PMEmail
^
Joseph Danvers
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 04:19 AM

Student

nineteen JANITOR
-Canon
STagTapir
applicationtracker

Joseph Danvers

Scott’s curiosity and concern mingled in a familiar aria, evoking from its object a bittersweet mixture of emotions his ancestors would’ve known all too well. Yet, it was Halo’s slip into valiant resolve that brought Joseph’s sharp cinereal gaze snapping up to his baseball bud. “Listen Scott,” he said, sudden apprehensions lending his voice a sharp edge. “These dudes are diabolists,” the words came out slow, precise, the same tone Joseph Sr. took when he’d felt people needed to either open their ears or get them boxed. “They want my creepy ancient mutant blood.” was step two, stated with similar drawn out vowels.Stay the fuck away from them,” the fierce finality with which Joseph commanded safety scrunched his nosebridge into wrinkles.

The recession into a game it was possible to tangibly win seemed to soothe Joseph. He settled into his chair and filled the subway car with a soliloquy of sensual deviance and pranks gone array. It’s graphic twists and turns carried one through a stylized snapshot of life at a prestigious private school. Joseph naturally left out the boring parts where actual education took place. Yet, right before Joseph could mistakenly erupt out of cake clad only in a jockstrap, covered in freezer burns and chocolate to find an audience not of pent-up prep school girls, but rather both Mistress Frosts and the donor’s board, Joe stopped. It was true (more or less) but it wasn't the Truth.

“I gotta actually be embarrassed bout it right?”
Joseph said with a sudden badger-like scowl. “….fuck.”

Ungentle lurches and stuttering clacking marked their progress, sending shudders reverberating through metal poles and arches. With so few passengers to still their song through weight and friction, the hollow bars hummed along with the tunnel’s echoing keening like chimes hung in an empty windswept cavern.

“Was with this girl up in Minnesota,” Joseph began again after reaching whatever internal conclusion soothed his baby face to a glazed calm. “Fuuuucktastic tits,” there came a somatic demonstration for the edification of his non-breast fondling companion. “Hair you could get yoah fingahs lost in,” savored serenity evinced something between boyish infatuation and the dazed delectation of opium. “Freaky mind powahs,” he noted with less enthusiasm. “She liked to paralyze me,” the admission didn’t break the line of Joe’s full roseate lips, upturned just enough to leave slight dips in his cheeks, yet somehow miles from a smile. “Leave me to bleed in the bathtub or whatevah,” his tone remained airily informative, neither forced cheerfulness nor affected stoicism. “It was like her thing,” was Joe’s summary of his ‘first.’

“Beforah though, Jess’d whispah,” Joe’s voice dropped to a dusky contralto,.“Just say y’ love me Joe.” A shift in posture and clearing of the throat, and Joseph’s voice returned to its tenor nasality. “Nah that kinna guy though,” Joseph, said with a shrug of caddish chivalry. “Just somethin a dude shouldn’ say if he don’ mean it.”

The rain breezed through a station it'd been ostensibly supposed to stop at. Confused faces blurred across the windows. The momentary inundation of platform light flared shadows along empty seats, a crew of gyrating phantoms. “One day though,” Joseph continued more slowly, that tranquil repose at last broken by a furrowing of sandy brows, as if something in distance grew closer. “Jess took me outta the bathtub, ripped the tape off my face and uh…” Shapely shoulders slumped, and Joe declined to repeat his hoarse begging.

“Listen,” grey eyes implored Scott to understand this self-betrayal, how even hate can be twisted into love though patience and pain. Yet long nights bleeding alone, only to be ‘rescued’ by your captor’s possessive kisses to every couture come morning lay achingly remote from Joe’s powers of expression. “Just wanted a breathah.” The thin line of Joe’s lips evinced nausea.

“Truth or Dare?"

Scott Edwards
PM
^
Scott Edwards
 Posted: May 4 2018, 02:04 PM

Neutral

HaloOriginal
applicationtracker

Scott Edwards

Scott looked up when Joey’s voice suddenly gained an edge he hadn’t heard before, Scott knew this had to be his ‘serious’ voice but it was rather strange to think that Joey had such a voice because well, he was Joey. The photokinetic knew it would be idiotic not to heed Joey’s warning especially considering it was Joey giving him this warning and if the Boston-bred mutant was advising him on risky behaviour then it would be in his best interest to not go out of his way to find the man again. The change in mood in this conversation gave Scott’s voice a rather raw quality ”Okay, I will”. His worry came back with his words because if Joey was this cautious about them then what had they done to warrant this level of concern from the younger mutant.

Scott had been ready for some outrageously scandalous affair that Joey had managed to orchestrate most likely in an attempt to gainer some attention from the fairer sex but what he got was so different that Scott suddenly felt himself feel bad for suggesting this game in the first place. It started off similar to how Scott had expected, with Joey’s usual colourful vernacular painting a picture of youthful sexual indulgence which prompted an eye roll from Halo and a curt ”I’m sure” comment about this particular lady’s biological endowment. Also like usual Joey speaking this way caused a flare of jealous energy to surge up inside of him like a volcano, he wondered if Joey would ever talk about him like that and if he even wanted that, to be reduced to just another one of his conquests. The conversation took a nose dive like you wouldn’t believe though, Scott felt like the rug had been ripped out from underneath him as his heart dropped into his stomach as Joey described what sounded like… like hell, it sounded like actual hell.

Scott wondered briefly if Joey knew he had been sexually assaulted or if he just considered it one of his riskier sexual encounters, he pondered if Joey had ever spoken to anyone about this, was he the first? Should Scott be taking notes for the police? Should he be comforting Joey, putting an arm around him? Pulling him into an embrace? Halo had often wondered what had happened to the younger male to make him the way he was, so abrasive, so pig-headed and so sharp tongued but Scot figured it must have been this, what this woman had done to him. Scott felt an intense hatred and anger boil up from his core, he could feel it scorching all other emotions as it tried to arrest control away from the logical pilot who usually sat at the controls inside Scott’s mind.

Scott was frozen in his seat, he knew he should respond, he should reply, give his apologises, his camaraderie but he couldn’t do anything but sit there in silence. How did he respond? What could he say to make this better? Why was Joey telling him this? This wasn’t normal Joey behaviour, showing scars and emotional wounds was not something Joey had done before. Scott had done it sure but since Joey could read the emotional status of Scott like book it meant that Scott had to be more upfront about things than he did with most people. He doubted that Joey wanted some big emotional response from Scott right now, he knew this couldn’t have been easy for Joey to share so he needed a way to acknowledge what Joey was saying but at the same time didn’t make Joey feel like he was being opened up on an autopsy table.

”That-that sounds… terrible”Soul crushing, painful, hard, so so hard”and I’m-I’m sorry that it happened to you”So so sorry”She-she sounds, well she sounds nuts”Crazy psycho bitch!”And you deserve better, so so much better” Scott found it hard to get the words out but he knew he had to, no matter what he was feeling right now about hunting down that woman and making her burn for everything she had done, but his words didn’t do justice for what he was feeling. The last of his words weren’t said as some way of trying to show Joey that Scott was the better choice, it was his honest opinion that Joey deserved so much better than her and it didn’t have to be with Scott, just someone better.

Scott just sat there, gazing out the window at the passing tunnel and lights he had decided not to look at Joey because for now he didn’t think he could look at the younger male right now because for the first time since Scott had met him Joey finally looked his age, he looked so young right now and Scott couldn’t look at him without feeling sorrow and pity well up inside of him which he doubted would help the situation.

He almost had no idea what Joey was talking about when he asked Scott the questions that were the pinnacle of the game he had started, started before all of that. When he finally understood what Joey was asking him he was suddenly plagued with the choice, doing a dare could help clear the emotionally charged air but after what Joey had just said Scott felt it was only fair that was open to the risk of such an emotional bombshell so he arrested some control over his emotions and pulled a calm façade onto his face as he said ”Truth” before adding with a smirk ”Do your worst”. Joey did love a challenge.

--Joseph Danvers
PMEmail
^
Joseph Danvers
 Posted: May 15 2018, 05:54 AM

Student

nineteen JANITOR
-Canon
STagTapir
applicationtracker

Joseph Danvers

“It’s ok,” Joe spoke uselessly and breathlessly to the spiritual tsunami that broke on the shore on his consciousness. If Scott’s shock and outrage had possessed physical force, Joe figured been a pancake washing up in Central Station right now. “She’s dead,” the words said with unconvincing finality, as if Jess’ death, the lack of a corporeal body to hate and yearn for made everything moot. Yet his companion's last insistence took Joe by surprise, signaled by a long exhalation and flare of the nostrils.

"Don' ....,"
Due to the psychosomatic heartburn from Scott's turmoil, Joe needed a second to process and swallow, which probably saved him from blurting further indiscretion. "Look thanks," he conceded to Scott's averted gaze, "...but don' say shit like that."

Scott asked him a game question, an afterthought now that Joe’d learned what he’d needed. Jess was a painful memory as well as a sickening fondness, both curtesy of his blood. Seeing and feeling Scott’s reaction told Joe he needed to stay far far away from the worse ones. Joe could do the ‘maybe I like it a little too risky’ role just fine, but ‘I don’t go to counseling cuz the Devil might kill my therapist’…?

Joe’d definitely cop to liking to push Scotts buttons …alot, but he didn’t want to scare him away.

What more did he want to know?

Alright so there was actually something that could use Scottsplanation.

“So…that crazy-ass schedule,”
Joe began, adopting a distinctly intercessory tone. “Wheah yoah doin the college thing,” Scotts activities were listed with alternating motions of the hands. “Studying freak-pieces inna lab, bein Frost’s boy-toy butlah, playin karate kid, aaaaand goin off with Retard Rage tah violently not-fuck.” The Bostonian’s admonishing look less chastised breaking curfew then condemned misbehavior so poorly utilized.

“Why?” Dubiety scrunched grey eyes and splayed helpless fingers to beseech Scott to end the yuppie madness. “Why all of that? What’s the freakin point?”

Joe quickly raised a hand for the cessation of any protestation, in the manner one might shush an alcoholic rationalizing the spirits' sweet embrace. Not many interventions took place to discard productivity in favor of the bottle, but they hadn’t seen that monster of a freakin Sumerian cuneiform slab of a calendar in Scott’s room. The entirely of Joe’s yearly aspirations could fit into Scott’s Monday with some room for doodles.

“I don’ mean foah like jobs, ‘bettahment’, or any of that shit,”
Joe clarified dismissively from his insouciant recline across the subway seats. “The real reason,” he intoned with grinning graveness, as if ambitions beyond the primal were just well-meaning mendacity, obligatory white lies to soothe the self into the illusion of sophistication.

“Where you runnin to, what’s chasin you?”

Scott Edwards
PM
^
Scott Edwards
 Posted: May 23 2018, 08:37 PM

Neutral

HaloOriginal
applicationtracker

Scott Edwards

Joey’s words seemed like more of a reassurance for himself rather than for Scott, it was clear that this bothered Joey and Scott was confident that Joey didn’t realise how he sounded, almost scared. He hadn’t seen Joey like this before, with his façade of bravado stripped away leaving a soft fleshy underside exposed like a nerve. He felt like he should give Joey a hug but he doubted that would go down well so instead he remained seated next to Joey without making a physical move to offer comfort.

Scott looked up to Joey’s face when he started to say something but the younger mutant’s words stopped as if someone had stamped on the brakes. It could be annoying being in the presence of an empath, telepaths just got the highlights of the mind like overhearing a conversation through a wall but an empath could peer into the darkest corners of yourself, to those places your emotions stem from. It might not be as descriptive as telepathy but you can see the whole range of colours that make up the picture of human emotions, and a picture is worth a thousand words. He decided to refrain from commenting because he didn’t want to lie to Joey, he couldn’t just let go of the sudden anger he held for this woman.

It took Joey a while to think of a question, this surprised Scott for he had expected Joey to fire off some armour piercing round of a question at him right off the bat but it seemed he was mullering over his options. When he finally did start talking Scott was not entirely sure what the question was about because it started off pretty innocent, he thought it could be how he was managing to fit all of his obligations into his week but that seemed a rather surprising thing for Joey to be interested in.

What he didn’t expect was to be judged and further he didn’t expect to be judged for lacklustre uses of his time, and plus he was taken aback that Joey knew that he and Molly were vigilantes which he liked to feel was a well-kept secret ”Wait, how did you know? I thought we were being discrete about the whole thing” He felt somewhat crestfallen that he wasn’t as sneaky as he liked to think. Plus to top it off he was not expecting Joey to almost chastise him for being too good, not doing something bad and rule breaking. He realised however that Joey had backed him into a corner because he would have to answer honestly because if he didn’t then Joey would know.

Scott considered the question put to him, the reason why he filled his time with lessons, plans, obligations and responsibilities or at least the reason he told people was that he liked to keep busy, he wanted to help and he owed it to the mansion but that excuse wouldn’t fly because Joey had a metaphysical finger on his emotional pulse looking for any signs of a lie. He felt weak and exposed all of a sudden like he was under a microscope ”I stayed in the infirmary for the recommended amount of time, I spoke with the counsellor for an appropriate amount of sessions and I got back to being a student as soon as I could, I tried to forget the whole thing and put it behind me but the students didn’t feel the same way”

Scott took a calming breath before continuing “”The staff looked at me with pity and worry that I would snap and after that whole Omega Sol incident I guess they were jumpy about things like that, the students looked at me like I was an awful reminder of how the world really is and what it thinks of mutants which to be fair I was, I heard them whisper and gossip, asking about what had been done and if they could see the scars”. It had been hard returning to the student body, he no longer felt like a student but merely someone pretending to be a student, like an interloper.

Scott had to admit Joey had done as he had been asked, Scott had told him to his worst and it seemed Joey lived up to expectations. ”I like to say that I moved on, I like to say that the whole thing made me stronger… but honestly? I feel like a piece of china that has been badly glued together” Scott stared at his hands, keeping them locked in his lap to stop them rubbing at the scars etched onto his upper body which had suddenly become itchy and uncomfortable. ”Being in that room… that… that cell made me feel like I was back in that basement of my parents house all over again, I’ve never felt so weak!” Scott didn’t mean to raise his voice but the energy he was using to stop burning tears running down his face was not easily contained. ”I go to college because that is what is expected and it lets me escape, I work in a lab because I refuse to let them ruin science for me and maybe… just maybe if I know everything I can about it then perhaps I won’t be so scared anymore.” He took a breath before wiping away a stray tear that had fallen, catching it before it could make the descent from face to neck. ”I work at the mansion because I owe them my life, I train so hard because I never want to feel that weak, that exposed, that pathetic ever again!”. He felt like he should say sorry for shouting at Joey but he didn’t, instead he hoped Joey would feel that he wasn’t shouting at him but the situation. ”And I go out with Molly because if I can stop what happened to me from happening to anyone else, then rescuing me wasn’t a waste of time and effort”.

”So that is why I am so busy, why I don’t keep spaces in my day, why I am either working or training or baking because maybe…” He sighed, the breath coming out of him like he was trying to expel the darkness ”If I don’t have time to stand still and think I can continue to pretend that I’m okay and no one will see the cracks” He finished in a small voice. He couldn’t remember the last time he had been so forthcoming and truthful, not even Rogue knew all of that. But now he was trusting a man who both confused him and intrigued him, it was hard liking an empath because while Joey knew he liked him Joey on the other hand had never said anything of the like to him. It was hard playing this game when the one he was in the game with knew his cards.

--Joseph Danvers
PMEmail
^
Joseph Danvers
 Posted: May 28 2018, 06:37 PM

Student

nineteen JANITOR
-Canon
STagTapir
applicationtracker

Joseph Danvers

The tears weren’t his, but they trickled down Joe’s cheeks anyway. It was an illusion, just some mutated sensitivity to Scott’s neurons or whatever, like how you can feel the static build before the storm. The dull aching itches across his torso and hot aqueous release of pain from his eyes didn’t feel like an illusion though. Joe liked to thing of himself as a ‘concrete’ kinna guy, not spending alotta time in his imagination or hippie bullshit about ‘feeling the universe.’ Problem was, his ‘concrete’ and ‘real’ wasn’t the same as everyone else’s. He’d never gotten the ‘oceanic’ buzz religious types claimed to have when hyped up on boring songs, but he did feel the sea of Scott’s agonizing anamnesis. He felt that nakedness, the lost sense of self sanctity that could never be claimed, and heard the whispers in the hall over the clatter of subway tracks. Some was expected, Joe being a card-shark when it came to souls, but alot was unnerving in its sheer extent, like black roots that only revealed their sheer gnarled length when pulled up from the dirt. Scott’s heart was like that sometimes, gloaming soil overgrown and choked with thick weeds bearing thorns of glass.

Scotts shouting didn’t evince surprise, that emotional geyser having given plenty of warning before it eurpted, beyond a lift of a grey eyes to his face. It was a relief really. If Scott didn’t let it out, Joe might’ve been the one that started yelling instead, unable to take the rising ache anymore.

The tears weren’t his own, but the long squeeze to Scott’s leg, a reassuring pressure of presence, belonged only to Joe.

“Forgot tah say Truth or Dare,”
he reminded softly.

Scott Edwards
PM
^
Scott Edwards
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 01:56 AM

Neutral

HaloOriginal
applicationtracker

Scott Edwards

Scott was surprised to see he wasn’t the only one shedding tears, he had seen many emotions from Joey over the course of their various meetings but nothing that had forced him to cry. Scott figured the crying had more to do with Joey’s ability as an empath rather than an outward show of sympathy but that didn’t mean Joey wasn’t sorry for what had happened. This was further proved by another event that happened which while from an outsider perspective might not look like much it meant a great deal to Scott and signified a subtle change in the relationship dynamic between the two young men.

Scott was used to barring his soul like he had just done, nor did he had years of dating experience under his belt so the small action of Joey placing his hand upon Scott’s leg in a physical show of support, comfort and reassurance evoked a number of emotions within him. The first was appreciation of Joey’s action, it was such a small action and one that not many would have even glanced at twice if caught out of the corner of their eye but for Scott to have someone he liked do this meant a lot. He also felt embarrassment, he doubted it was that attractive to Joey to see him like this and he hated to appear weak, plus that awful naked feeling had returned and it just made him want to hide and seek refuge somewhere.

He considered what he should do now, did he address the hand that was now on his leg or just ignore it. He knew he had to do something to show Joey how much his gesture meant to him but he didn’t want to put Joey on the spot. He placed his hand upon Joey’s and gave it gentle squeeze as a show of thanks, he thought about all the times he wished he could hold hands with the Boston bred mutant but he didn’t think this was the time for such a romantic display instead he smiled at Joey before removing his hand to place it with his other which resided atop his lap. Looking down at his clasped hands as he tried to build up the courage to speak again, his previous emotions of anger, fear and sadness having been banished for now by Joey. ”Yeah, sorry” He said equally as softly before asking ”So then, truth or dare?”.

--Joseph Danvers
PMEmail
^
Joseph Danvers
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 01:51 AM

Student

nineteen JANITOR
-Canon
STagTapir
applicationtracker

Joseph Danvers

Physical touch had more facets then it should, in Joe’s humble estimation. If you thought about it, which he didn’t often, touching was just a bunch of atoms and squishy carbon bumping together in space with some electricity or whatever. Point was, the ‘reality’ of touch seemed way the hell out of whack with the ‘react’ of touch.

Punching was just putting sudden pressure on a face

Screwing was just putting things in holes

A gentle touch was just some compression and a smoothing of face muscles

People made a big deal out of all those kind of things, attached all kinds of meaning and connotations to molecule bumper cars. We couldn’t help it probably. Our fucking shit throwing monkey brains were wired to trip out on hormone juice for every little scrape or tingle. Joseph longed for a world where he could do all three of those things all day without the consequences, the sticky, squicky, stupid fall-out. No hope in sight thus far.

He’d got them into this little man-bubah-tear cul-de-sac. Not that many stops left, still too many for this maybe.

“Dare seems foah the best,”Joseph chose with subdued but playful emphasis.

Scott Edwards

This post has been edited by Joseph Danvers: Jun 11 2018, 01:52 AM
PM
^
Scott Edwards
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 03:56 AM

Neutral

HaloOriginal
applicationtracker

Scott Edwards

Scott wasn’t good at dares because they required a certain kind of deviousness and mischief that Scott didn’t feel he possessed, if Joey was the one coming up with one Scott was sure it would be embarrassing for Scott, funny for Joey but all in all mostly just funny in the end. Maybe Scott was too selfish because all the dares he did think of revolved around making Joey do stuff that would make Scott happy such as hold hands or kiss but Scott’s inner morality rebuked at the suggestion. He needed a dare that was light hearted and funny, after everything they had just spoken about they needed an emotional palate cleanser.

”Okay okay, I dare you to dance for one minute without any music” He figured this was a safe dare, it didn’t involved anything dangerous or anything that could potentially end them in trouble also it was just them in this carriage so it couldn’t be too bad. He knew that Joey would have thought of a better one but this was all Scott could think of now that he was put on the spot to think one up, he should have been trying to think of one when they had been doing the truths. ”You don’t have to if you don’t want, I thought it would be funny, I thought…” Scott started to talk in a rushed voice, his awkwardness obvious in his tone and only made worse by the way that he just trailed off at the end of his sentence because he didn’t know what he was thinking. At least their stop was fast approaching, all he had to do was get off the train and change the topic because he was determined to have a good time tonight even if it was just as friends.

--Joseph Danvers
PMEmail
^
Joseph Danvers
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 04:57 AM

Student

nineteen JANITOR
-Canon
STagTapir
applicationtracker

Joseph Danvers

“…It’d be safah then what you actually wanted to ask me,” Joe finished as a series of Charleston switches criss-crossed knee and palms with a blur of metahuman motion. Following a rhythm dictated purely by whim, Joe interchanged legs and grips down to the subway’s floor before traveling up to standing position. Arms cocked like weathervanes in one direction as Joey proceed to Slim Shady hop to one-side before reversing direction. The arc of his forearms and dabbing duck of his neck were like a veil across the majority of the boy’s features as he imitated the forceful bouncing choreography on various rappers across the stage. Yet within dramatic pointing and shunting the of arms downward to emphasize beats made only by the stopping of his feat, grey eyes taunted Scott from behind the cover of a bruisers ballet.

“Gotta get better at takin’ advantage of people,”
the angel noted as a backwards flip of height sufficient to make his feet briefly ‘walk’ across the subway train roof brought him into a handstand. Bobbing up and down at the elbows as he tread the train’s gritty floor on his palms, Joseph addressed the upside down Scott with caddish candidness. “Or yoah always get made other people’s bitch.” Penguin walking on his hands over to Scott, Joe bent at an absolute right angle at the midriff, seeking to push off against Scott’s knees and roll to his feet. “No one else is holdin back…nobody that matters anyway,” Joseph corrected after a second.

Folding his arms, Joseph stood, swaying slitty with the ambient jerking motion of the train as he looked down at Scott.

“Truth or Dare?”
PM
^
Scott Edwards
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 05:47 AM

Neutral

HaloOriginal
applicationtracker

Scott Edwards

Scott blushed again, his face heating up as he realised Joey must have a fairly good inkling about what he was going to dare him to do because of those powers of his. On one hand it was nice that Joey could read him so well because it meant that Scott didn’t have to voice so much of himself that he wished Joey would know, it cut out the middle man. However, it wasn’t great because Scott didn’t get to do the same to Joey so it often felt like Joey held the cards in this relationship of theirs.

Scott watched in some amusement as Joey started to dance, it started off funny but it turned out that Joey was quite a good dancer. Scott recognised a number of the moves from different genres and found himself rather enjoying the show, in that moment Scott hoped he would never have to dance in front of Joey because he doubted he would be able to keep up. He felt like clapping after Joey performed the backwards flip into a handstand, plus he somehow managed to walk across the ceiling. He was also talking to him at the same time, Scott could appreciate what Joey was saying but he knew he would feel bad about taking advantage of someone like that. Joey’s words resonated with him though, by not taking risks and advantage of the opportunities presented to him was he somehow letting other people control him.

Once Joey finished his rather impressive dance routine for an impromptu performance Scott clapped a little bit to show that he did find it impressive and to draw attention away from his red he was sure he looked after staring at Joey for so long. He mirrored Joey’s words back at him as he said ”No holding back eh? Okay then, I choose dare” With that he sealed his fate to the whims and fancies of one Joseph Danvers, how bad could it really be.

--Joseph Danvers
PMEmail
^
Joseph Danvers
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 06:03 AM

Student

nineteen JANITOR
-Canon
STagTapir
applicationtracker

Joseph Danvers

Joseph bowed to the slow clap and awaited Scott’s choice, managing to be somewhat surprised even with his preternatural advantage.

A glance at the light above glance told Joe that their destination was coming up soon.

They needed to make this quick, but more importantly, Joe needed to win. It occurred to him that this was in fact not necessary, not in the sense of food or all the squiggly bits staying inside your body. Yet, letting Scott off easy just couldn't happen. They’d gotten a little closer then Joe expected back there. Stronger, smarter, more powerful, and intimidatingly immaculate of character and hair, Scott had too many advantages in their coyly circling repartee for Joe to give much ground. Joe honestly wasn’t sure what would happen when he ran out of room to maneuver, reached the cliff’s edge between what Scott represented and the cold unknown.

But fuck if he wasn’t going to make this happen on his own terms.

Joseph feigned pensive deliberation with an exaggerated pursing of the lips, and slow stroking of a phantasmal beard. Darting avian thoughts had already reached the conclusion quite a while ago, but Joseph needed the train to catch up with his malice.

Eventually they began to slow towards their station, and more importantly, onlookers.

“I dare you,”
Joe said, calling upon the memory of their first encounter.

“To take off yoah shirt for a minute.”
PM
^
Scott Edwards
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 07:02 AM

Neutral

HaloOriginal
applicationtracker

Scott Edwards

Scott held back the smile that threatened to break across his face when he saw the look of surprise that graced Joey’s feature when he heard the option Scott had chosen, it was nice to know he could catch the younger mutant by surprise. Scott might even get out of this without a dare because if the aura of light he could feel the train approaching was anything to go by they were about to reach the station and that meant the end of their game. He watched Joey as he deliberated, even going far enough to stroke an imaginary beard like he was a stereotypical wise man from a film which always seemed to go hand in hand with a long beard.

Scott figured that Joey would shot off a dare request as soon as Scott agreed to it but this was taking longer than Scott thought it would, the train was already slowing down and that meant Scott was going to win. Then Joey told him the dare and it was very clear at that moment that Joey won. Scott felt the smile on his face die as a bolt of panic racked him like lightning, of all the things he had to dare Scott to do it had to be this. Scott took a deep breath to resist the waves of panic that seemed to be building in him like an electrical charge.

Scott knew that Joey knew why this would be so hard for Scott, was Joey doing this to get back at him? Had he done something wrong? Was this Joey’s way of telling Scott what he thought of him because if so it didn’t bode well for any kind of relationship. He refused to give Joey the satisfaction of winning, especially not after giving him a dare like this. He took a deep breath, it helped to settle his nerves and his suddenly churning stomach. In one swift movement he wrenched the top off his head exposing his hard-earned muscles along with the white crisscrossing scars that graced his skin, his back was worse where large patches of flesh had been removed but mostly what was left was just scar tissue.

That familiar feeling of exposure and weakness filled him as the doors opened, You coming?” He asked in a half determined half annoyed voice just wanting to get this other he left the train car not caring too much if Joey kept up with him as he walked through the crowded station towards the exit. Scott did know that a shirtless man walking through the subway wasn’t anything strange by New York standards and he also knew that he had the type of physique that society enforced was attractive but even though he knew that it didn’t stop Scott feeling ugly at this moment. He didn’t know if he imagined it but he could feel eyes on him as he walked. He ignored the catcalls from some girls, he ignored the pointing by some other people and refused to listen to any of the words he happened to catch.

He’d been counting in his head as he walked, it took about 40 seconds to get to the stairs and 20 more to reach the top. He quickly shucked on his shirt and turned to face Joey ”Happy?” He asked trying not to let anger and hurt colour his voice, he had after all told Joey not to hold back. ”Did you get what you wanted from that?” The sooner they were outside and away from all these people the better, he would never have to see them again and that was too soon for Scott’s liking.

--Joseph Danvers
PMEmail
^
Joseph Danvers
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 07:35 AM

Student

nineteen JANITOR
-Canon
STagTapir
applicationtracker

Joseph Danvers

People on the whole, were surprising naked monkeys. Oh sure, there were certain behaviors that we all shared, and challenges no one can overcome. Likewise, Joe had more piercing insight into the human heart then would ever him let him actually pass a psych eval.

Joe was no romantic, and theistic by ontological necessity rather then inclination, but people had a way of acting against what seems the sum total of their baggage and fiddly bits.

Sometimes it was the quality for being surprised that kept Joe above the abyss of madness. Just when when you thought you had all the moves guessed, all those frizzing neurons mapped in that petty reptiliean mush computer we call a brain, people up and put the turnaround on you.

If that why God kept us all around? We have just enough screws loose in hidden places to turn right instead of left every ninety ninth time?

From everything Joe knew of Scott, they shouldn’t have just had a nippy batchwatch session through thirteentg station. Scott was too timid, lustful for praise, and generally not the sort of guy that could survive scrutiny. But lo, here they were.

Man-titties, and being more then meets the eye. It was almost enough to make a guy believe in freewill, almost.

“Oh yeah,” Joe affirmed with a jocular slap to Scott’s shoulder.

“Popcorn and hoggies are on me.”

FIN
Scott Edwards
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply

AFFILIATES -
 photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg
SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK. CODE TAG BY JAWN. MISC. CODING BY KYROS OF X-GENERATION