CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

x-generation
EST. 2009 | X-MEN AU SET IN 2023 | NO WORD COUNT | JCINK PREMIUM

UPDATE #08 - Restricted Powers Change

Have a look around and do not hesitate to ask questions!

Add Reply

Something Spicy, Tag: Candice Woods
Diego Flores
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 04:24 PM

Student

eighteencollege student
spookoriginal
singlekyros
applicationtracker

Diego Flores

It had been such a beautiful day yesterday that he’d actually been able to be outside in shorts and a t-shirt, running around practicing his rusty soccer skills. He hadn’t practiced as much as he would have liked to. He’d have to hit Ashe up to see if she wanted to play a game of one-on-one at some point in the near future. But today apparently was the exact opposite of what yesterday had been. Clouds had rolled in, the temperatures had dropped, and Diego was sporting jeans with a long sleeve shirt and a hoodie. Just looking outside made a chill run down his spine.

Everything felt like it was slowly falling back into place. Not necessarily where it had been before the events of the Day of the Dead of the previous year, but certainly better than he had been feeling like his life was going in the past couple months. His classes at the community college were working out nicely, he’d made some friends there, and his professors all seemed to be enjoyable and really seemed to like having him in class.

The cold weather outside made him want something a little spicy and so even though it wasn’t even noon yet, Diego found himself in the kitchen of the massive mansion. He was cutting up poblano peppers. He figured that even if he didn’t eat everything he made, he could wrap it up and take it back up to his room to warm up for later.

--- Candice Woods

PM
^
Candice Woods
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 11:47 PM

Student

SeventeenHigh School Student
voraciousOriginal
SingleGuy
applicationtracker

Candice Woods

After spending a bit more time with her abilities, Candice started to get back into her proper workout routine. Like every morning, she would devour a “starting breakfast” as she called it, due to the fact that to some may see it as a full meal. But to her it was nothing more than a snack to hold her off until later. A perk to being so warm was despite the shitty weather, she was in sweats that reached her knees and a simple black sports bra, only covered by a very loose and old sleeveless tee. In fact, Candice actually felt pretty pleasing if you didn’t want to sweat too much. Completing a mile was easy, but half way through pushing herself to keep going, her stomach started to beg her to take a break. As if it was annoyed that she wasn’t paying attention to it.

The hunger gnawing at the back of her mind. Three fourths of the way in, she couldn’t ignore it anymore. Slowing slightly she decided to not stop until she got back inside, kicking the filth off of her shoes before walking in, Candice made a bee-line to the kitchen, the first place she ever memorized. She only stopped to briefly grab a towel she laid out to dry some sweat off, the white rag left hanging around her neck by the time she entered. The sight of someone getting ready to cook made her mouth salivate whilst her belly roared loud enough to wake the neighbors. Of course she wasn’t really ashamed of such things. Taking note of Diego she waved as she passed by, heading to the ivory fridge. She could’ve sworn that she might’ve seen him before.

Outside? Lunch? It was hard for her to keep up with how many people she was around now. Groaning as she looked in the fridge, she cursed her lack of cooking skills. “Man I really need ta invest in learnin’ how ta make food... Especially wit’ how much I eat...” She complained to herself under her breath before just snatching out a carton of milk, draining the entire thing as she walked back towards Diego. “Mind makin’ enough for two? Not much’of a cook.” She asked with a light smile, unsure how to ask someone to help her cook. Especially someone she didn’t know.

---

Diego Flores

PM
^
Diego Flores
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 09:16 AM

Student

eighteencollege student
spookoriginal
singlekyros
applicationtracker

Diego Flores

A girl walked into the kitchen with a towel across the back of her neck. She looked like she had just finished working out and he waved back when she waved to him, still making sure that he paid close enough attention to what he was doing to not accidentally cut himself with the knife. He was slicing off the tops of the poblano peppers and then pulling out as much of the interior as he possibly could. The fewer seeds left behind, the better it would be, in his own opinion.

The girl - Diego was racking his brain to put a name with her face - pulled open the door to the fridge and then stared at the contents, groaning and saying that she needed to learn how to make food. It was the comment after that, that really got his attention though. She didn’t look like she ate a lot, but then again different mutations worked in different ways, so there was no telling just how much she had to intake to be able to utilize her abilities.

She asked if he could make enough for her too and he glanced over at her, soft brown eyes studying her for a moment or two. Candice. Right. “Sure,” he said as he cut off the top to the last poblano pepper, switching to the spoon to hollow it out. “It’s Mexican - well, Cali-Mexican, I guess. That okay with you?” he asked, setting the spoon and the cored pepper down and bagging up all the waste that he’d made with the pepper tops and the insides of the vegetables. “Do you want to help?”

--- Candice Woods

PM
^
Candice Woods
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 12:21 PM

Student

SeventeenHigh School Student
voraciousOriginal
SingleGuy
applicationtracker

Candice Woods

Candice gave a nod and a light smile, turning a little to search for the trash can. “Thanks. Last time I tried ta cook just ehggs, my brotha Carl had to put out a fire. Kinda stopped tryin’ afta that.” She said chuckling to herself at the memory. Spotting it, she lined up a shot and tossed the now empty milk jug into the garbage as if she was back on the cold floors of the basketball courts. She made the shot it. Though maybe a little too hard, almost making the damn thing tip over. Only luck prevented her from having a new mess. Giving a light fight pump and smirk, she gave Diego her focus. Grabbing the towel, she balled it up before tossing it on the table. She looked at the peppers and such.

“Ha! When ya find out ya can make bowl of cereal made outta motor oil, screws, an’ broken glass without issues, anything works.” She joked. But when he asked for help. She just shrugged. “Sure. I wouldn’t mind tryin’ again. Only reason I haven’t was ‘cause I was kinda banned from da kitchen back home.” She went on. “Just tell me what ya need me to do an I can try my best.” She added as she got closer to take a better look at what he was doing. “So, gotta name? Mine’s Candice. Kinda new here if’ya didn’t already have that figured out.” She was trying her best to keep up a conversation. “‘Less you’re new here as well.”

Was this awkward? She couldn’t tell. It wasn’t hard for her to approach people usually, but with so many around that came from so many different backgrounds she couldn’t tell whom she should approach or shouldn’t.

---

Diego Flores Hope you don’t mind it being a tad short.

PM
^
Diego Flores
 Posted: Jun 17 2018, 08:20 PM

Student

eighteencollege student
spookoriginal
singlekyros
applicationtracker

Diego Flores

“Well, if it comes to that, there’s a fire extinguisher under the sink,” he said. Or at least that’s where it had been when he had last seen it. As far as he knew, it hadn’t been used since then, and he was really hoping that it wouldn’t need to be put to use today. She made the shot with the empty milk carton and Diego’s heart skipped a beat when the trash can almost tipped over. It didn’t, though, and he gave a sigh of relief as he walked over to throw away his own trash from the peppers, mainly the guts and the tops. “That was close,” he said with a laugh.

Candice made the comment about a cereal of various things that could have been found at a local mechanic shop and Diego didn’t quite question it. When there were people out there like Quill, who was a literal tree-girl, Diego had learned a while back not to question things that seemed a little out of the ordinary. She agreed to help out and Diego scooted over, giving her room at the counter next to him. “I’ve got cheese here that we’re just gonna shove into the peppers,” he said, explaining things as he did them himself. The shredded Monterey Jack cheese made a mess, but it was always the best when melted, in his opinion. “Like that, see? Oh, make sure you wash your hands.”

It wasn’t meant to be bossy-sounding at all, even if it had come out a bit like that. “I’m Diego,” he said with a warm smile when she introduced herself. He was extremely pleased with himself because he’d remembered her name properly. He shook his head when she made mention if he was new as well. “Been here for about three years,” he said. “How old is your brother?” he asked, making small talk. “I have a brother named Carlos,” he said, grinning at the closeness of the names. “He’s probably ten by now.”

--- Candice Woods

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

AFFILIATES -
 photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg
SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK. CODE TAG BY JAWN. MISC. CODING BY KYROS OF X-GENERATION