CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

x-generation
EST. 2009 | X-MEN AU SET IN 2023 | NO WORD COUNT | JCINK PREMIUM

UPDATE #08 - Restricted Powers Change

Have a look around and do not hesitate to ask questions!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Burning Cookies And Troubled Minds
Piotr Rasputin
 Posted: May 6 2018, 10:36 PM

X-Men

Thirty onefreelance artist
ColossusCanon
SingleRhino
applicationtracker

Piotr Rasputin

He had only been gone for month or so but people had been swarming him like it had been years. Though it wasn't as if he didn't enjoy their warm greetings and hugs. Piotr loved everything about the school and it's residents. He knew before he left the chaos that would happen when he returned. With finals just around the corner the students and even the teachers were in a bit of a hustle. Something that Piotr was all to familiar with from his time as a student and now with him teaching art and Russian. Though he rarely panicked even he couldn't deny there was a sinking feeling in his stomach.

Even then he still found time to relax and do his own artwork on the side. With two bags of supplies in one hand he made his way back to his apartments. As he made his way down the hall, he caught a whiff of something off. The smell of over cooked treats filled the hallway and his nostrils. With a cough he moved towards what he believed to be the source of the smell. "Marie? Are you in there?" he asked the Russian accent still hanging on his voice. "I believe that you left your oven on or forgot to take out your cookies." His knuckles tapped on the door as the Russian stood in front of it.

After waiting for a few seconds, he knocked on the door again. "Marie are you in there? It is bad to get distracted while baking." Piotr looked down the hall to see if anyone was around before he turned the knob to see if it was unlocked. The door opened with ease and he stepped in looking down at the floor as he entered. "I hope you will excuse my intrusion, but I would not like to have to put out a fire today" he said.

[@Marie D'ancanto]

This post has been edited by Piotr Rasputin: May 6 2018, 10:37 PM
PM
^
Marie D'ancanto
 Posted: May 7 2018, 09:13 AM

X-Men

Twenty-nineX-Man
RogueCanon
SingleZee
applicationtracker

Marie D'ancanto

Normally when was Rogue was baking, she did so in the big main kitchen so students that stopped in could chat and help if they wanted to. It made for a good way to interact with them without the pressure of class or training and gave them a chance to just be kids. Food was always a good lure, especially cookies and cake. Nowadays, Rogue didn't feel like being social so much and she couldn't drink in the main kitchen like she could in the privacy of her room.

One batch of cookies was on the cooling rack, her apartment was spotless from stress cleaning, and there was another batch in the oven. Without something to occupy her hands and mind, Rogue had wandered over to the window to stare bleakly down at the crater in the yard where Carol had expelled the light energy and she had drained Logan. A bottle of chocolate vodka was clutched loosely in her hand, she'd drank about half of it while mixing and baking that first batch of cookies.

How had she not been able to help Logan? Why hadn't she done something more? She'd left it to Carol because Rogue had been a bit embarrassed by some of the memories of Logan's she'd gotten... Sure, she was over it now but for a while it had been hard to not see things. Now Logan was gone and Rogue didn't know where or when he'd be back. It could be months or years and no one would find him unless he wanted to be found.

Rogue didn't notice the scent of burning cookies a few unnoticed tears leaked down her face and she took another swig of the vodka. It took a lot to affect Rogue, but as quickly as she'd drank on an empty stomach she was getting there. It was Piotr's voice in her apartment and the door opening that snapped her out of her head. "Shitfuck!" Rogue breathed out as she flew across the room to the kitchen, chanting more swear words as she set the vodka down and pulled on an oven mitt. "Damn it!" She said empathically before shoving the cookie sheet and burnt cookies in the sink.

Bracing both hands on the counter, Rogue simply leaned against it and tried not to lose it any worse than she was. Scrubbing the remaining tears from her face she turned towards Piotr, "Sorry 'bout that... Ah do have some that ain't burnt if ya want one." She waved a hand at the cookies on the cooling rack as she pulled off the oven mitt and leaned a hip against the counter as she reached for the vodka again, "Got booze too." Rogue waggled the bottle before taking a drink.

---

Piotr Rasputin

PM
^
Piotr Rasputin
 Posted: May 8 2018, 10:12 PM

X-Men

ColossusCanon
SingleRhino
applicationtracker

Piotr Rasputin

"I appreciate the offer, though I will have to pass." He said now looking at the smoldering cookies in the sink. His gaze turned back to hers as he offered her a friendly smile. He sat the supplies on the nearest empty counter and walked over to the cookies that rested on the cooling tray. "I will take one of these though. I would be a fool to pass up on your cookies." He turned to face her, taking a bite of the cookie before looking down at the bottle then back up to her. He chewed on the cookie while standing there turning the words over in his head.

"Is there something on your mind?" he asked. The two had baked before and while his skills in cooking and baking lacked he knew that Marie was somewhat of a natural. "I ask because it is not like you to forget about your cookies" he said finishing off the cookie. He watched as she drank straight from the bottle and chuckled a bit. He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the counter. He had seen her upset before, just like he had seen many of the other X-Men upset. They were all humans regardless of what the news said. Each and everyone of them was entitled to their emotions.

Emotions were something that Piotr had little experience in. There was very little he could do other then offer his ears to listen and his mouth to try and help the person understand what was going on. After years of dealing with students and his friends, he had hoped that his grasp on reading people would become better.

He had heard rumors of Logan disappearing again but had yet to get a real answer from anyone. He let a sigh escape his lips and looked away from Marie for a bit. The two had practically grown up together. They had trained to be X-Men together alongside Bobby and Kitty. They had become friends due to Piotr's powers protecting him from hers. While they could not touch flesh to flesh, he had been able to at least offer her something closer then what she could deal with now.

Marie D'ancanto

PM
^
Marie D'ancanto
 Posted: May 10 2018, 01:49 PM

X-Men

Twenty-nineX-Man
RogueCanon
SingleZee
applicationtracker

Marie D'ancanto

The smile that appeared in response to Piotr's own was mostly automatic and didn't quite banish the shadow of sadness in her eyes. Her eyes flicked to the counter as he set some things down, her brain finally catching up that it was really Piotr who'd let himself in her apartment. Rogue uttered a sound that might have been a laugh as he took up her offer on the cookies, but not the vodka, "They're jus' chocolate chip, nothin' fancy or new." She told him with a lopsided smile.

Rogue's heart and mind weren't in the moment, Piotr caught it and asked after it. The Belle sighed and set the bottle down to wrap her arms around her middle, "Logan." Was the simple answer, she didn't even feel uncomfortable tell Piotr. He'd known her long enough that she could be a little vulnerable in front of him and bit be uncomfortable.

"Ah'm worried about him..." She confessed before she couldn't stand still anymore and started scraping the burnt cookies into the skink. "Ah knew how bad he was gettin' an' Ah should've done something, but Ah thought maybe he jus' needed some time," And Carol, but she wasn't going to say that. A very small part of her blamed Carol for not being able to help, but Rogue knew that wasn't right and she loved Carol like a sister. She couldn't stay mad at her if she wanted.

Cookies scraped, she sighed and offered Piotr a fragile smile, "Bu' tell me 'bout yew too. How's bein' home treatin' yew?"

---

Piotr Rasputin

PM
^
Piotr Rasputin
 Posted: May 17 2018, 07:46 PM

X-Men

ColossusCanon
SingleRhino
applicationtracker

Piotr Rasputin

"No no. You make the best cookies in the country. So they are special" he said with the wave of his hand. He nodded along with her words before glancing past her for a few seconds. Words turning over in his head as he let the air settle before speaking up. "Sometimes that is all you can do. Give them time." he said returning his eyes to hers. The Russian studied her face for a bit.

"Logan is strong. Stronger then I am and he's always come back. So I have no reason to believe that he will not do so again... Maybe there was something you could do, maybe not." he shrugged. They were different, Piotr believed in letting people do their own thing. He was there to help guide the younger mutants the same way he was when he was their age. Though that did not mean stopping them from making mistakes. Logan was no different, even though Piotr had less of a role as a mentor for the mutant. They were still friends and he trusted Logan like he was his own brother. "He will come back, I am sure of it...." he mumbled.

"I do not like having him away ether. With the news the way it is and the way people have been acting it is hard to guess what is going to happen next." He rubbed his face in his hands.

He tilted his head slightly at her question and offered her a soft smile. "It has been good. Molly and Ceara both seem happy that I am back.. As well as others. " Taking another cookie, he chewed it over for a bit. "I feel like I should not leave anymore. At least not for a long while. My place is here and I should stay here to defend it."

Marie D'ancanto

PM
^
Marie D'ancanto
 Posted: May 20 2018, 10:10 PM

X-Men

Twenty-nineX-Man
RogueCanon
SingleZee
applicationtracker

Marie D'ancanto

Rogue smiled, pleased by the compliment and silently vowed to make some cookies special for Piotr in the not too distant future for it. Maybe that recipe Scott had given her of those Russian cookies, it would be a taste of home for the tall man. She might even have to hit Scott up for some other recipes that his grandmother might have left him to try out on Piotr.

She grimaced when he tried to reassure her Logan would be fine. Rogue's shoulder shifted in almost a shrug, "Ah ain't so sure... He... Ah had t'drain him a'while back cause he lost control. Ah knew he wasn't okay then bu' didn' know what t'do." Her voice cracked just a little bit before Rogue swallowed the emotion, running a hand through her hair to smooth it away from her face. She sighed and shook her head, Rogue wasn't sure Logan would come back on his own or if they would have to go looking for him. The hard part would be tracking him and then getting him out of the beast state. He hadn't taken a car or motorcycle so Marie believed he'd lost his grip on the human side of himself. How would they reason with him like that? She didn't know and that scared her.

A huff of a laugh and mock eye roll as Rogue put the cap on the vodka before putting it in the refrigerator. "Yew cain count meh in w'th them," She grinned at him, she had missed this easy comrade between them. "Ah might hafta drag ya down t'th' trainin' room t'make sure yew ain't gone soft bein' away," Rogue teased as she started cleaning the cookie sheet before setting it back on the counter so she could drop dough for a new batch on it. "An' plans fer th' summer?" Was her next question. It was nice having Piotr there to talk to, to distract her from the pit of grief that had been sitting in her stomach since she'd found Logan gone along with Dazzler. Hell, even Carol wasn't right these days... She was going to have to do something about that soon.

---

Piotr Rasputin

PM
^
Piotr Rasputin
 Posted: May 21 2018, 10:12 PM

X-Men

ColossusCanon
SingleRhino
applicationtracker

Piotr Rasputin

A sigh escaped the giants lips as he rubbed the back of his neck. He had been worried that something was off since he had returned but hadn't been able to put his finger on it before. A sense of guilt and frustration settled inside the Russian as he looked at the ground. His eyes returned to hers as her voice cracked. Within an instant the armored form of Colossus appeared and he gently wrapped his arms around her for a hug. He waited a few moments before letting her go and setting back against he counter where we was before. His armored form dropping once again.

"I should have stayed.." he mumbled mostly to himself. He offered her a friendly smile and took another cookie off of the cooling sheets. "What is in the past shall stay in the past. We will figure something out I am sure." he said crunching down on the cookie.

He raised his an eyebrow at her as she joked about him getting soft. While Piotr was not one to brag he also did not lack confidence. "Russians do not get soft" he said with a friendly challenge behind his thick accent. "I am always down to train. I am in need of getting back into practice. Need to be ready for anything." Training had been on his mind since he returned. Piotr knew his role in battle better then most. He was a front liner, meant to distract, deal damage and push forward. While he wasn't really worried about his strength fading, he didn't want to take any chances on allowing his friends to get hurt.

His eyes flicked up at her as he shook his head. "No plans really. Train. Paint... Fall back in line as it were. What about you?" he asked.

Marie D'ancanto (OOC: I don't know if Piotr's powers make him immune. I know some sites allow it and some don't. Just let me know if I need to change it.)

This post has been edited by Piotr Rasputin: May 21 2018, 10:12 PM
PM
^
Marie D'ancanto
 Posted: May 28 2018, 09:38 AM

X-Men

Twenty-nineX-Man
RogueCanon
SingleZee
applicationtracker

Marie D'ancanto

Rogue's far away gaze returned to the present as Piotr's armor sheathed his body. She glanced at him in mild surprise before he pulled her into a hug. With her powers being what they were, Rogue didn't touch people. Ever. Surprise made her stiffen for an instant before she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him fiercely. Colossus wasn't affected by her powers and the gesture was exactly what she needed. It was with a bit of reluctance that Rogue released him but the smile she gave him was grateful.

"We all can see perfect in hind sight... Best we can dew is dust ourselves off, get up and start walkin again," It was true for herself as much as him. "There's some 'ere tha' should be able t'track 'im down bu... Ah think he need time," No matter how much it sucked not having Logan around. They would manage even if she was deathly suspicious of what Emma was up to. Rogue didn't think any of them should trust the blonde but she had no proof.

"Niether do us Southerns," The Belle informed him with a playful toss of her head as she finished dropping dough on the sheet and put it in the oven, along with a timer. Rogue didn't normally need it, but she knew she was distracted and Piotr was good company that she might forget about them. "Oh yeah? We'll hafta go a'few rounds then. Spar a'bit, Ah've got a few upgrades," Rogue flexed an arm that didn't look all that impressive, but she had Carol's strength, "So we'll hafta learn t'work t'gether all over again."

Rogue shurgged at summer plans, "Prolly have some optional classes fer kids that live 'ere so they got somethin' t'do. Bake. Thinkin' 'bout doin' some remodelin'" She gestured to her apartment that was still all standard colors and furniture that all the apartments had.

---

Piotr Rasputin

PM
^
Piotr Rasputin
 Posted: May 28 2018, 09:32 PM

X-Men

ColossusCanon
SingleRhino
applicationtracker

Piotr Rasputin

"We will give him time. If he doesn't come back on his own we will find him." he said. He nodded to what she said about hindsight. But that wouldn't stop him from being bothered by the fact that the time he chose to leave would be the time that Logan left and time just seemed to speed by at an all too rapid pace.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Anytime you want to spar or train you know where to find me" he said. The giant gave Marie a quick look over before turning his gaze to wall behind them. He leaned against the counter, "Upgrades? Has something happened since I left?" He knew she was strong and that she had the ability to gain new strengths at almost any time. Unlike himself she was always changing, getting stronger and gaining new abilities. His mutation was relatively straightforward. His armor protected him and his strength doubled.

The only real way for him to get stronger was by getting stronger outside of his armored form. The man spent a lot of time in the gym and working on improving his physical strength. He was exactly what his code name called him. A giant statue of impressive strength and one with the will to protect all he held dear.

"Remodeling? That sounds like fun." he said. His room remained the same since he moved in. The studio that he stayed in offered him more then enough room for himself. Though he had never thought about changing it up and maybe moving stuff around or getting new things. "If you need or would like help, I should be free" he shrugged.

Marie D'ancanto

PM
^
Marie D'ancanto
 Posted: May 29 2018, 03:51 PM

X-Men

Twenty-nineX-Man
RogueCanon
SingleZee
applicationtracker

Marie D'ancanto

"Yes," Was her simple, firm agreement. Rogue just didn't know how they would find him... Logan's mind was notoriously hard to detect and after all that time over land wouldn't be possible. It would need some thinking for sure, but for now she let the subject drop to focus on happier conversation.

The grin she flashed him was pure mischief. "Ah might jus' take yew up on that shug," And she would. Armored up, Marie wouldn't even have to worry about accidentally skin contact. Rather than speak, she simply floated up so she was hovering in the air with her eyes on the same level as his. "Yup, expect Ah might even give yew a'run fer yer money," The flight and rest of Carol's powers would be news to him probably. She kept how she acquired them under wraps, but Rogue didn't think Piotr would judge her harshly.

"It was an accident... Held on too long an' now they're permanent," Rogue supplied as she drifted back to the floor. It was as much as she said about it most of the time. Sure, she could still work out and improve but finding things that have her a challenge was hard work. Piotr might be just the thing to help her improve further.

Rogue smiled at the offer and nodded, "Company always makes stuff go faster. Ah won't turn yah away." She agreed, glancing at rooms. "Ah'm thinkin' paintin' and different furniture... Ain't sure what else yet. Got any paintings of yers Ah could hang?"

---

Piotr Rasputin

PM
^
Piotr Rasputin
 Posted: May 30 2018, 12:07 PM

X-Men

ColossusCanon
SingleRhino
applicationtracker

Piotr Rasputin

He raised his eyebrow at her, looking down at her before she was suddenly at his height. "Ah. You can fly now?" he said with a hint of surprise. Piotr didn't know, nor had he ever cared to ask, who she had come in contact with in her past. He trusted her enough that if it would matter she would tell him. He nodded when she said that is was a long story. "Fair enough. That is cool though. Sucks for me now that I'll have to worry about that as well. When we spar of course" he said. He knew that they'd end up sparing at some point, it was only a matter of when.

"A new color can help change a person's mood. Can also make it seem like you have more space." He scratched his chin and looked around. He thought about changing up his place for a few minutes before turning and looking at her. "I probably have some laying around that aren't being used... Though I'm not sure they're anything worth hanging up."

"I could paint you some if you want. You just have to let me know what you would like and what colors. Or at least what mood you want the paintings to bring out." The Russian had no doubt in his own work. He had a few pieces hung up in armature galleries and with the help of some more tech savvy people, he had set up a website to take commissions on the side for a little extra money. Though for some reason the idea of having some of his art hanging up in Maire's place felt like it would be more important.

Marie D'ancanto

PM
^
Marie D'ancanto
 Posted: May 31 2018, 10:59 AM

X-Men

Twenty-nineX-Man
RogueCanon
SingleZee
applicationtracker

Marie D'ancanto

"Sure can shug," Rogue answered with a smirk. Of all the things she'd stolen from Carol, flight was definitely her favorite. "Yew bet yew will. Stayin' in th' air makes it a'lot harder t'grab meh..." Unless Rogue wanted to be grabbed. She took advantage of her super strength, being able to lift up a larger, stronger opponent always made for a surprise on her side.

Rogue nodded, deferring to Piotr's knowledge on color. Him being the artist meant he would know way more about stuff like that than she would. She blew a raspberry at him at the claim the paintings he had laying around weren't worth hanging up. "Don' yew go givin meh that line! Ah know how good yet work is an' Ah don' buy it!" She blinked at the offer to paint something for her, then smiled. "Ah'll take yew up on that when Ah decide what colors Ah'm gonna go with..."

She paused to pull the cookies out of the oven before they burned and set them on top of the stove to cool a bit before taking them off. Otherwise they'd fall apart on the cooling rack. "Maybe earthy tones? With... What colors to brighten it up to keep it cheery and welcoming?" Rogue was touched he'd offered to paint something just for her. She was going to have to make sure it was somewhere noticable in the rooms.

---

Piotr Rasputin

PM
^
Piotr Rasputin
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 10:29 PM

X-Men

ColossusCanon
SingleRhino
applicationtracker

Piotr Rasputin

A'lot harder to grab me. He nodded and chuckled, his fighting style was mostly focused one keeping his opponent on the ground and keeping them down. He was a big man who weighted enough without his armor, with it was a completely different story.

"Then I will have to find someone else who can fly to spar with. That way I can keep you on your toes." he said flashing her a smile. He chuckled again at her childishness and shook his head. "That is not what I mean. A lot of what I have right now is just practice pieces. Lots of mistakes and messy line." He waived his hand as she talked about his art.

He pondered for a second looking around the room. He stood up and looked at the kitchen before looking at her. "Green is a good color for a kitchen. Or red, blue or yellow." He looked at the walls. "It is said that the right color can make people feel certain ways." He said, a statement that he fully believed was true. "Green can be comforting. Yellow gives energy and can give people a sense of joy. Red is good for the apatite." He continued looking around, painting the place in his mind before stopping and looking at her. "Ah. Sorry, I got distracted."

Marie D'ancanto

PM
^
Marie D'ancanto
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 08:57 AM

X-Men

Twenty-nineX-Man
RogueCanon
SingleZee
applicationtracker

Marie D'ancanto

The addition of Carol's powers had made Rogue just a little bit cocky when it came to getting in a fight. She had reason to be since there weren't a lot of folks who could match her that Rogue couldn't take a few notches by grabbing them. "Yew should ask Carol, she could use th' distraction," She offered a faint smile, "She an' Logan are t'gether an' Logan leavin' tore her up." Rogue was going to have to do something about that. Carol had been... Off lately.

She listened as Piotr talked about colors and painting, how different colors could have different effects on people. "No worries shug," She waved off his apology as she used a spatula to set the cookies on the cooling rack. "W'th th' kitchen and livin' room bein' next t'each other, Ah figure they ought t'match some? Red would be pretty in th' kitchen but would look t'Christmasy if Ah do th' livin' room in green..." Brown eyes flicked from the cookies to Piotr's. "Maybe a'warm tan in th' kitchen an' dark green in th' livin' room? Go w'th a'brown couch, then maybe some orange in both rooms t'pull 'em together?" She didn't know interior design, but Rogue knew clothes and the Belle could match colors and such with the best of them. It was nice having someone to bounce ideas off of and Piotr would tell her if something didn't work.

---

Piotr Rasputin

PM
^
Piotr Rasputin
 Posted: Jun 17 2018, 08:33 PM

X-Men

ColossusCanon
SingleRhino
applicationtracker

Piotr Rasputin

QUOTE (Piotr Rasputin @ Jun 9 2018, 10:29 PM)

Carol. He hadn't talked to his pseudo big sister since returning. He scratched his chin and nodded. "That is a good idea. I have not seen her since I got back. She will probably be furious with me" he said with flash of a smile. It wasn't really a big deal, at least not in his mind. He would see her when he saw her. The two of them were busy adults with lots going on in their own lives.

He nodded to her statement about matching. "It would be a good idea if you would like for the energies to transfer. " He looked out into the living room then back at the kitchen. He looked towards Marie and looked her over. With his head tilted ever so slightly he looked back to the kitchen. "If you were to host events or parties. Having the two be similar might help with the flow... Though I am not really sure. I am only good with colors." he said rubbing the back of his neck. He wasn't really sure if Marie was the type to host parties. Though he was quiet sure that she was at least more social then he was.

His studio apartment was set up with the idea of giving himself enough room to paint. He had a small living room set and his bed was big enough to host him and maybe one other person. The Russian never considered himself to be an interior designer. It wasn't really something that ever interested him. "Maybe it would do me some good to change up my place." he mumbled mostly under his breath.

Marie D'ancanto

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

AFFILIATES -
 photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg
SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK. CODE TAG BY JAWN. MISC. CODING BY KYROS OF X-GENERATION