CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

x-generation
EST. 2009 | X-MEN AU SET IN 2023 | NO WORD COUNT | JCINK PREMIUM

UPDATE #07 - Check out what's new!

Have a look around and do not hesitate to ask questions!

Add Reply
New Poll

Escape For Lunch, Tag: Sierra Sakda
Graham Beck
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 07:08 PM

Student

twentycollege sophomore
N/AOriginal
singleKyros
applicationtracker

Graham Beck

He blew out a breath as he shut the lid to his laptop, automatically pushing himself back from his desk, pinching the bridge of his nose. He’d already lost a quarter million subscribers (which put him at about 1.4 million, now) in the almost three months since he’d come out and he’d had to stop checking his emails and messages as often as he used to. It was exhausting, dealing with the hate of other people, even if they only hated him because of his DNA.

Messing with his hair for a moment, Graham reached for his shoes and pulled them on before heading out the door, giving a wave to Sam who was working on something on his own laptop as he pulled the door shut behind him. The student housing wing was located on the second floor of the west wing and the moment he hit the grand staircase, he could hear the laughter of one of, what felt like, his only friends left.

Approaching the girl known affectionately around the school as Sunshine, Graham gave a smile as he descended the staircase. He didn’t want to interrupt Sierra while she was still talking to the other two girls, so he stood to the side and waited his turn. He was glad that the ‘shock value’ of him being at the mansion had worn off so that people weren’t as surprised to see a potentially familiar face. “Hey,” he said quietly when there seemed to be a lull in the conversation between the girls. He also made it hopefully obvious that he was talking directly to Sierra. “Would now be a bad time to take you up on that Korean restaurant? Lunch, maybe?” He glanced towards the girls that Sierra was talking to. “If it’s okay that I steal her away?”

--- Sierra Sakda

PM
^
Sierra Sakda
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 03:02 AM

X-Men

nineteenstudying fashion design
sunshineoriginal
singleSuryeol
applicationtracker

Sierra Sakda

Sierra’s classes had been cancelled for the day, so obviously the girl had made her way to mansion as quickly as she could. After meeting Calvin, the only place she truly felt safe at was the mansion. It was her home and there she knew, that she couldn’t hurt anyone. Calvin wouldn’t be dumb enough to try and approach her there – thus, it had become her sanctuary of sorts.

Once she had made it to the mansion, she had been caught by a couple of the students there. The girls followed her on instagram and were gushing over her latest makeup tutorial and how it had literally saved their lives. Sierra couldn’t help but smile and laugh in a good-hearted manner. She loved meeting her fans and knowing that the things she did were actually applicable for the average woman’s life as well meant she had succeeded in what she did. The girls kept gushing so much that Sierra didn’t have a chance to slip away.

As it turned out, a familiar voice called out hello and Sierra twirled around to meet the source. A brighter smile spread on her face as she saw Eben. “Eben, hi!”, she chirped happily and nearly hugged him when she noticed the gloomy demeanour. She furrowed her brows slightly pursing her lips at the sight of her friend. Soon he was asking her if he could take her up on the Korean restaurant she had spoken to him earlier on. Life had gotten so hectic that they hadn’t had time to go do anything together. “Of course! I actually had all my classes cancelled today so, I am all yours”, she returned to her light, chirpy mood. She wanted to wait until it was just them before she started asking what was wrong.

The girl’s next to her were clearly trying to keep themselves together as Graham approached them. She might have heard a squeal or two. As he asked if it was alright for him to steal her away, the girls stared at him flabbergasted and nodded furiously. “Thank you, girls. Please, don’t hesitate to come to me for anything you might have, ok?”, she said with a pleasant tone, before taking Graham’s arm and pulling him away with her. Soon, she had skipped away with Graham, with enough space between them she looked up to him with a worried look. “Is something wrong?”

-- Graham Beck

PMEmail
^
Graham Beck
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 12:03 PM

Student

twentycollege sophomore
N/AOriginal
singleKyros
applicationtracker

Graham Beck

Sierra seemed thrilled at the prospect of going out for lunch. Her classes had even all been cancelled, which meant that she had the entire day free. That was good. Graham’s days were generally free as well, considering that he’d decided to do yet another semester of online studying so he didn’t have to deal with the backlash in person. “That’s great! I think I’m gonna see if this place you ranted about can hold up against my mom’s cooking. We’ll see I guess,” he said, doing his damn best to not look so troubled in front of other students.

As the girl finished her conversation with the other two about makeup application, most likely, Sierra gave them a wave and when their attention switched to Graham, he gave a smile and a wave as well. Lacing her arm with his, Sierra pulled him away from the girls as they walked away - just apparently not at the speed that she was wanting them to leave at. She asked if something was wrong and Graham raised a brow. “What makes you say that?” he asked, pretty much already able to guess what Sierra was going to say. He wore his heart on his sleeves and his facial expressions had a tendency to shine a light on whatever mood he was in.

Generally, that mood was happy-go-lucky. Lately? Not so much.

--- Sierra Sakda

PM
^
Sierra Sakda
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 10:03 AM

X-Men

sunshineoriginal
singleSuryeol
applicationtracker

Sierra Sakda

Sierra puffed up her cheek before sticking her tongue at Eben. “The owners are from Korea, and the lady who cooks is so nice. I promise you’ll love it”, she said nodding fiercely. Soon, enough they had escaped the girls and once they were far enough, Sierra laid out the questions about his well being without hesitation. There was no surprise in his voice when he asked what made her think that. “You’re missing the usual light in your eyes”, she said in careful soft words, as she treaded on the threshold of his inner most emotions.

Sierra kept up a brisk pace even in the midst of their conversation. Yes, she realized some people would prefer to focus on just talking and take a moment, but Sierra had never been the type to just stand around. It was easier to focus when she could move around. Her hand was on his arm pulling him along her as they made their way to the restaurant. Thankfully, it wasn’t too far from the mansion, but Sierra still hailed a cab for them. She wanted to get there as quickly as possible, knowing it was one of those places she could use her invisibility to provide some much-needed privacy. Whatever it was that bothered Eben, needed some time alone for the two of them. Or at least, Sierra was quite sure this

Within 20 minutes, they had reached the restaurant. Sierra had chattered throughout the way about nothing in particular, wanting to give Eben the time to think as to how much he was willing to tell her. She wasn’t one to force anything out of others. Once, through the door Sierra greeted the man behind a counter who visibly perked up seeing the young girl. He was quick to usher them towards a table a bit at the back of the restaurant. It wasn’t too busy, but lunchtime was nearing and she knew how much people loved the place. AS they sat down, Sierra looked up on the wall with the menu on it. “They make amazing budaejjigae here. Well, all of their jjigae’s are good”, she told the man in front of her as her eyes scanned the menu. “Since I promised to do this as your welcome to New York gift, I’m paying, and you get to choose everything, deal?”, she said offering her hand to the man with a playful smile on her lips. They weren’t in a hurry so why not settle down first.

-- Graham Beck

PMEmail
^
Graham Beck
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 11:27 AM

Student

twentycollege sophomore
N/AOriginal
singleKyros
applicationtracker

Graham Beck

Sierra was quick to tell him that the owners of the restaurant were from Korea and that he would love it and that the lady was really nice. It was always good to know that he was going to a place that was true to the food’s country of origin. Hole in the wall and mall kiosks were sometimes some of the best and authentic food ever. There was a Hawaiian place in one of the malls in Anchorage that was so good. He wasn’t prepared, though, for her answer to him asking why she thought she needed to ask if anything was wrong. Deflecting the question hadn’t worked the way he had hoped it would. “Oh,” he said quietly as they walked to the gate, leaving the grounds and getting a taxi.

The conversation, luckily, was kept much lighter than that, and for the taxi ride, Graham basically forgot the entire reasoning why he’d sought Sierra out in the first place. It was nice being out with her, not really having to worry about school or what he - they - were. They were just two college kids taking a break from their studies and going out for some lunch.

They were ushered to a table in the back of the restaurant, and Graham liked that it seemed to even be a bit of a distance away from the rest of the tables. As they sat, Sierra was already babbling on about which of the dishes she’d had that were really good and Graham pulled the menu towards him as he listened. “That’s not what this was supposed to be,” he protested, eying the girl’s hand apprehensively. But he knew her, and talking her out of this was going to be damn near impossible.

Taking her hand, he gave it a firm shake. “Fine, but I owe you,” he said, turning his attention back to the menu. “The bibim bab would be good, and it sounds like it comes with a ton of food,” he said, tapping the menu. “Vegetables, Bulgogi beef, kimchi, egg, rice,” he rattled off everything that was included in it. “Get that, some fried shrimp, some clear soup, I think that would probably be good for both of us?” He looked up and across the table, waiting for Sierra’s feedback.

--- Sierra Sakda

PM
^
Sierra Sakda
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 11:48 PM

X-Men

sunshineoriginal
singleSuryeol
applicationtracker

Sierra Sakda

“Well, you can’t change my mind. It has already been made”, the girl laughed with a playful grin on her face. She knew that some people might find this trait of her annoying but Eben was a friend she knew she could be herself with. Sure, you could see the boy resigning and realizing arguing over whether this was her treat or not was not worth the trouble. Soon, enough he relented taking her hand and a victorious glow spread around Sierra. “There is no owing in a friendship”, she was quick to interject, nodding quite seriously.

Finally, Eben had gotten himself familiarize with the menu and he had taken a shine on the bibimbap. “Oh, they even do dolsot bibimbap (bibimbap served on a hot stone bowl), but I’m not too big of a fan. I prefer my bibimbap slightly colder since crispy rice doesn’t appeal to me”, the girl explained with a few nods of her head to go along with her words. “All of the side dishes are free of charge as well, and they change depending on what they felt like making for today”, the girl said feeling excitement tingle on her skin as she imagined what delicious things awaited in the kitchen for them. Her favourites were the quail eggs and something she liked to call grass, but had never particularly asked what it was – most likely pickled spring onion which she found absolutely delicious.

Quickly, the girl called out to the owner who rushed over to them all smiles. “Oh, Sierra-ah it’s been awhile. Look at you, all skin and bones”, the woman said with a disapproving tut of her tongue. At one point, Sierra had been at the restaurant constantly and during this time the woman had taken a shine on the girl. She’d talk with her during the quiet hours and would be always willing to taste whatever concoctions the woman was doing. Soon the woman’s keen eyes went over to Eben and she broke out in a wide smile. “이게 뭐야? 남자 친구?”, the woman said with a small tease in her voice as Sierra blushed slightly. She had picked up a few words of Korean here and there – mostly because the owners only spoke Korean while working and the woman had decided Sierra should also learn some of it. Knowing her track record though, Sierra wasn’t exactly the best possible student. Languages had never been her strong suite. ASL was much more easier and made a lot more sense than any other language in her opinion.

“This is Graham, he’s a really good friend of mine”, she explained to the woman with a knowing smile. “It’s such a pleasure to meet friends of Sierra-ah”, she said with an extremely pleasant tone of voice. “What can I get you?”, her pronunciation was still far from perfect but the woman had studied hard to better her English and Sierra felt that she knew the English grammar in and out. “The bulgogi bibimbap, fried shrimp and the soup”, she recited their order to the woman, who nodded along as acknowledgement. “Very good choice, I’ll be back soon with your food. Just call me if you need anything”, with that the woman disappeared back to the kitchen.

The small restaurant was beginning to fill up slightly. Most people stayed at the front of the place leaving Sierra and Eben in their own little bubble of peace. “If you want, I could turn us invisible for the meal? The owner knows about my powers so, she won’t be too shocked”, the girl offered a bit carefully. She knew he wasn’t too comfortable with being a mutant from what she had gathered the first time they met at the mansion. Not that it surprised. Most people tried to hide their mutation as much as they could where as for Sierra, it was just such a natural part that she didn’t think twice about it.

-- Graham Beck

PMEmail
^
Graham Beck
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 09:10 AM

Student

twentycollege sophomore
N/AOriginal
singleKyros
applicationtracker

Graham Beck

Sierra even said what Graham had been thinking. Once she settled on an idea, there was no changing her mind. And, according to the small girl, there was no owing in friendship. She went on to chatter about how the establishment did the hot stone bowl bibimbap but that she wasn’t really a fan of that style. For Graham, the hot stone bowl had always been a treat, brought out only for birthdays and such. His birthday wasn’t for several months and he was fine with not getting it. “That’s okay,” he said as she talked about the free sides and their vast variety. “So is that what--”

Before he could finish his sentence, Sierra was calling out to one of the ladies who worked there, who Graham assumed was the owner from the way her clothing was slightly different than the other two that he had seen. The way the woman talked, it reminded him of the way his mother spoke. Which wasn’t a Freudian thing at all? It was just nice hearing that accent and that way of speaking. She had brought over two glasses of water with her, and while listening to the woman prattle on about Sierra’s thin appearance, Graham sipped at the nearly overflowing liquid. A familiar language hit his ears, though, and it was everything in his power to not choke horribly on the water that he’d been attempting to swallow.

Both women looked over at him and he was quick to bow his head to the owner of the restaurant in a silent greeting as Sierra introduced him. “It’s nice to meet you too,” he said after the owner greeted him. He was glad that the topic moved on to ordering the food and then the owner woman leaving them be for a little while.

Clearing his throat, Graham decided to use the straw that came with his water now, since there was less of a chance for him to choke on it - or at least that’s what he told himself. “I… I don’t think that’s really needed. I mean, we shouldn’t look like an empty table. Someone might try to sit on us,” he said as a possible outcome of Sierra using her powers. Or worse, someone could report them to the MRD. Wasn’t he already at risk of being out in public though? He wasn’t exactly famous, but he was well-known and pretty easy to recognize. “But I guess if you want to,” he finally said, conceding to Sierra’s wish.

There was a commotion in the kitchen, something clattered to the floor and then yelling in Korean. Graham shook his head. “She’d get along with my mom,” he said, tracing lines in the condensation on his glass with a single forefinger. “Always playing matchmaker.” That would probably be enough to clue Sierra in that he had understood what the woman had said in Korean earlier.

--- Sierra Sakda

PM
^
Sierra Sakda
 Posted: May 12 2018, 09:10 AM

X-Men

sunshineoriginal
singleSuryeol
applicationtracker

Sierra Sakda

Sierra was amazed at how polite and natural Eben was with the owner of the restaurant. She always had felt a bit like a failure since she never learnt Thai or any of the manners of her culture. To her, she was Canadian through and through even though a lot of people didn’t seem to respect that. She looked Asian, so she must know all about the customs in these countries.

The owner seemed to really like Graham which made Sierra feel fuzzy inside. She didn’t bring people to this restaurant because it was her sanctuary. Anywhere else was fine but this was just for her – and now Eben. “Oh, no don’t worry about that. The owner knows of my abilities and she knows to steer people clear of the table”, the girl explained as if this was completely normal behaviour. She had never really met the true mutant hate and she just believed that people would accept you if you accepted them. At least this is what she hoped would work. “But we don’t have to obviously, I just figured if you wanted some privacy I can provide that”, the girl quickly added a with a serious nod of her head.

The commotion from the kitchen was such a familiar sound that Sierra couldn’t help but laugh as Eben said his mum would get along with the owner. “She’s such a wonderful person. She has a daughter who moved back to Korea a few years back and she misses her a lot. I like to call her my second mom”, the girl explained with a soft smile on her lips. It wasn’t like she didn’t love her parents but growing up as an orphan for as long as she did – it just somehow made sense to her that there could be more than one parent. That was kind of the whole idea of adoption, wasn’t it? “I’ve heard that Korean women are fantastic at matchmaking, is that true?”, she asked curiously tilting her head. She figured Eben might be better versed in this topic.

As they waited for the food, Sierra wanted to bring up the shadow that seemed hang very close to Graham. Problem was she had never been too good with serious subjects. God knows how bad she was with anything of substance within relationships. “So, do you want to talk about what’s bothering you?”, the girl said in a unusually quiet voice. It was clear she was far from her area of expertise but Eben was one of the only true close friends she had, and he was worth the effort of pushing herself outside of her comfort zone. ”You know I’m always here to listen even if I might not be any help”

-- Graham Beck

PMEmail
^
Graham Beck
 Posted: May 19 2018, 10:00 PM

Student

twentycollege sophomore
N/AOriginal
singleKyros
applicationtracker

Graham Beck

Graham gave her words some thought. It would be nice to be able to hide in plain sight… “Actually, I think it’d be a good idea. I don’t want someone recognizing me. Not right now at least.” Mutations and abilities were still so very new to him that the concept of just using powers in a day-to-day style was still pretty bizarre to him. “I just didn’t want you to hurt yourself or something.” That was something that could happen when using mutations, right? Graham didn’t have a single clue.

Sierra spoke so highly of the restaurant’s owner that he couldn’t help but smile. Having family so far away was difficult, Graham knew that for a fact. It was sweet how much Sierra had attached herself to not only the restaurant but the woman who owned it. Sierra asked if the rumor that Korean women were especially good at matchmaking and heat quickly jumped to his cheeks as he laughed nervously. “I, uh, I don’t really know…” he stammered out. “I mean, I guess? Maybe? All my siblings are married and - well almost all of them and--” Nope, he was just gonna stop with this now.

The conversation turned towards the real reason why he’d asked Sierra out to lunch away from the school and Graham sighed, resting his elbow on the table, cheek in his palm. “I just hadn’t thought it’d have this big of an impact, I guess,” he said, dropping his gaze to the table between them. “I guess I didn’t really know how bad things were between humans and mutants.”

--- Sierra Sakda

PM
^
Sierra Sakda
 Posted: May 27 2018, 03:15 PM

X-Men

sunshineoriginal
singleSuryeol
applicationtracker

Sierra Sakda

After being told the unique situation they were in, Graham was quick to agree to Sierra using her powers. “Oh, no. You don’t need to worry about me”, the girl quickly interjected waving her arms. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a brief moment, focusing on their surroundings and creating a shield of invisibility that bent the incoming light rays off from them. It wasn’t a hard task these days. Sure, hiding two people in a larger area required a bit more from her than what she was used to but still she could manage it just fine. “And tadah! We are hidden in plain sight”, she chuckled spreading her arms in a playful manner.

Graham’s reaction earned raised brows from the girl as his cheeks seemed to tint slightly redder. “Really? Wow, that’s amazing. I don’t think either of my siblings have even any love interests. Wow”, the girl said in clear awe. “Did your mother help your siblings find their spouses? I need to learn this secret. It’d be so nice to see my baby brother with someone who would make him happy”, she let out a dreamy sigh with a small smile. Sure, Sierra was protective of Diego, but his happiness was more important than anything in the world to her. She knew that she couldn’t stay with him for ever (that would be kind of sick) so, she wanted him to at least have someone who loved him and adored him just as much as she did.

When the words rolled off his tongue, Sierra knew exactly what he was talking about. The girl reached out to take his hand in to hers giving a small squeeze. “Those who truly care for you and appreciate what you do will stay. And there will be those who will find strength in what you did”, she said lowering her voice, speaking far more seriously than she usually did. “It’s not easy but I think what you did is one of those stepping stones we need in order to mend what has been broken between humans and mutants. They fear us because they don’t understand us and once they see that we are just like them, then maybe, they won’t be scared anymore”, she said her voice rising a bit more hopeful at the end. Sierra believed in a future where mutants and humans could live together. Hate wasn’t sustainable. People were created to care and love for one another and that would trump all else in the end. “We just need to ride out the storm until we make it”

-- Graham Beck

PMEmail
^
Graham Beck
 Posted: May 30 2018, 11:26 AM

Student

twentycollege sophomore
N/AOriginal
singleKyros
applicationtracker

Graham Beck

“I mean kinda,” he said when Sierra asked if his mother had a part to play in any of his siblings marriages, “out of the nine of us, only four haven’t been paired up yet. But Greg’s a dick so I don’t really see anyone wanting anything to do with him… Gabe’s not married but he’s been with this one woman for a while now. I think they’re gonna get married, I don’t really know. She’s got a kid. Tasha’s just more interested in traveling than getting married and it drives mom nuts.” Graham wasn’t really sure there was actually a secret or anything. But still. Three out of nine without significant others wasn’t bad. Well, two out of nine if Greg’s cat from hell counted as a significant other.

Sierra made the comment that she wasn’t sure if either of her siblings had anything in the way of love interests before claiming that she needed to learn Graham’s mother’s secret. “I don’t know if there is one, honestly,” he said with a laugh. “As long as they’re fine with the whole family, I don’t think my parents really object.” It was a difficult concept to explain, the way that his family either welcomed in a new person or pushed them away based solely on his parents first impressions of them. She wanted to see her brother with someone who would make him happy and Graham could understand that.

He listened to what she had to say, nodding along with some of the points that she made. She gave his hand a squeeze. “Okay but I’m not even sure what I can do - how am I supposed to be able to do that if I don’t even know what I’m doing?”

--- Sierra Sakda

PM
^
Sierra Sakda
 Posted: May 30 2018, 03:52 PM

X-Men

sunshineoriginal
singleSuryeol
applicationtracker

Sierra Sakda

Sierra listened to Graham explain his family dynamics in awe. His family was so large and she felt a small tinge of jealousy. Sierra had always admired large, close-knit families. There was just something so reassuring about the thought of so many people who loved you endlessly. “Oh, I think you’ve mentioned Greg before”, Sierra said racking her brain to remember the names of Graham’s siblings. She had watched enough of his videos to have heard snippets about his family life here and there. “It must be so nice to have such a large family even if you don’t always get a long with everyone”, she said her smile softening as she looked at Graham’s hands. Her sister flashed across her memory and small painful flame raised its head in her chest.

Sierra being adopted was no secret and she actually spoke quite openly about what it had been like to grow up an orphan. There weren’t a lot of people like her, especially those blessed with the opportunities she had. So, Sierra had decided early on that she would hide nothing of her family life in this regard. She wasn’t ashamed – she felt like the luckiest person alive for having gotten the amazing, loving family she had. “Hmm, there must be some secret voodoo magic that helps mother’s find people suitable for their children”, the girl said pursing her lips in deep thought. She’d have to talk with her own mother about it. “I don’t know how my family would react honestly. I think as long as we are happy, then it’s fine. I think my parent’s trust us to have good enough sense to recognize good people”, she said feeling shame shade her words. Yes, she should have known but yet, she had let Calvin blind her. “I haven’t lived too true to that though”, the woman added with a heavy sigh.

“A lot of the time, all that matters is that you are there. There aren’t a lot of people like us. Who have this platform, these people who want to listen to us. Them seeing the bravery and everything you sacrifice for them is more than enough, Eben and those people who care can see it”, she said nodding softly. “If you find out what we are supposed to do, let me know because I have no idea either. All I know that for example when I was in foster homes, the biggest thing all the children missed was just having someone there. Just someone who understood and cared”, she said in the end, letting her head tilt to the side slightly as her grey eyes studied Graham’s large hands.

-- Graham Beck

PMEmail
^
Graham Beck
 Posted: May 31 2018, 08:19 AM

Student

twentycollege sophomore
N/AOriginal
singleKyros
applicationtracker

Graham Beck

Graham nodded when Sierra brought up that he’d mentioned Greg before. He had a tendency to chatter about trivial things when he was playing games, especially scarier games. Chattering just seemed to help. He was careful to not namedrop his siblings too much, especially since his oldest brother was involved with state government things. He didn’t want Nathaniel to get any flack for something his stupid kid brother said on the internet.

He gave Sierra a wry grin back when she said that she hadn’t been so great at finding good people to date. “I think my parents would say that about me, too,” he said. He hadn’t actively sought out potential dates since moving, especially when the reason behind his powers manifesting had to do with his last relationship. “I’m not so great at picking winners.” He knew who she was talking about, though. He’d had a run in with one of her ex-boyfriends when he’d gone to meet her some time back. He hadn’t seemed like the greatest sort of person.

She gave great advice and he nodded. “That seems like more of a responsibility than just being a gamer on YouTube,” he said as he sighed. Already being a person in the public eye was responsibility enough, but now being a publically known mutant? It just added on to the pile that was on his shoulders. About that time, the owner of the restaurant came over to their table and set plates down in front of them, setting down everything that they had ordered in the middle of the table.

--- Sierra Sakda

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

AFFILIATES -
 photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg
SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK. CODE TAG BY JAWN. MISC. CODING BY KYROS OF X-GENERATION